Saturday, April 05, 2008

First Translation Job

Several weeks ago I posted an offer to do free Malay-English and English-Malay translations. Well, guess what, there was finally a taker, a guy who wanted me to translate a blog comment.

The original text was a mix of English and Malay but written in a very colloquial way. Most of the sentences had no proper construction, so I had problems digesting the train of thoughts, something which I must establish first before I could reproduced them in a coherent manner.

Anyway, I've done the translation and emailed it back to the sender, free-of-charge. I'm not sure how he would rate my translation. I hoped it was okay.

I hope also that the guy would at least drop me a note about what he thought of the translation.

My offer still stands. If you want my free translation service, just email me at jaxonsblog [at] gmail [dot] com.

No comments: