Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dereliction of Fiduciary Duty

I often wonder how many more new words should I put into my vocabulary chest so that I can write better and deliver a more precise meaning of the concept or train of thoughts I want to express. Maybe a few hundred more.

Three of the words must be dereliction, fiduciary and omnious which I come across countless of time -- the latest being today -- but have not really use them in any of my articles.

There's a saying that goes, "use a word twice and it will be yours forever." SO, here goes:

"Dereliction" is the act of willfully neglecting duties and principles. Its Malay equivalent is "sengaja mengabaikan tugas".

"Fiduciary" is the trust "entrusted" to someone, a legal or ethical relationship of confidence or trust between two or more parties, most commonly a fiduciary and a principal or "amanah" in Malay.

"Ominous" is a situation exhitibing the quality of being "omen", for instance "ominous chain of event." In Malay, ominous is "beralamat buruk".

No comments: