Thursday, February 14, 2008

Online English Learning Resource

I can safely say now that I've improved a lot since I started to seriously learn English three years ago, albeit on a self-taught basis. The Internet has been an invaluabe resource in my quest to at least be comfortable with the language if mastering it prove to be too difficult.

The Internet, the greatest invention of our times, not only provided me with reference on the way certain words and phrases live in their natural habitats, but also housed what seemingly an inexaustible English learning resource.

Askoxford.com one of the websites I came across recently which I found to be extremely useful.

By the way, do you know the answer to this question: The city of Siena, in the Tuscany region of Italy, has two horse races each summer that clatter through the city streets. On what dates do the races take place?

If you do, then head over to Askoxford.com quiz and answer the question correctly. You could win a copy of Oxford Beginner's Bilingual Dictionary! Closing date is on Feb 17.

No comments: