Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Word Has It That...

In not too distant future, I'm going to see a movement, a vertical movement as well as a horizontal one.

A vertical movement because I'll be moving up the rank and vertical movement because I'll be moving from where I sit at the moment to another section of the office.

I've heard about this long ago and in fact, had made known my reluctance to take up the position. So the management knows my stand on the matter but if they decide to proceed with the appointment, I think I'm going to accept it and stick my neck out.

I mean, I can't be writing a letter to reject the appointment. Can I? That would be preposterous.

You might wonder why I'm reluctant to take up the post. Well, because it has something to do with English. Anyone who take up the position must be competent in the language first, and have a good management skills second.

I know I can learn fast and improve my command of the language up to the level required for the post, but not this fast. Not within the next few weeks.

I need at least one full year of intensive learning to be able to become competent in the language.

But I think if the letter is out, like I said, I'm going to accept the post, and then from there, I'm going to learn as fast and as intensive as I can.

I might as well jump into the pond and learn how to swim.

No comments: